Because eyelash extensions are applied to existing natural lashes an individual must have some natural lashes for the procedure. Eyelash extensions should not, nor cannot be applied to individuals who have alopecia, are undergoing chemotherapy, or those who suffer from Trichotillomania, unless and until the individual has received effective treatment and normal lash growth has resumed.
If you have an eye condition where the eye does not look healthy or have an adhesive or latex allergy, you are probably not the best candidate for eyelash extensions.
Although our adhesives are developed to be safe for use on skin, eyelash extensions are never applied to the skin therefore allergic reactions due to contact with our adhesives are rare. Individuals with allergies to other cosmetics or fragrances may experience some sensitivity to ingredients in some of the other materials used to apply eyelash extensions.
Yes, you can enjoy your new eyelash extensions with little need to adjust your lifestyle. The adhesive we use is waterproof which allows you to shower, swim, exercise etc.. Just follow the simple after-care instructions. Doing an above average level of activities related to heat or constant water may weaken the adhesive bond causing some early lash loss.
One of the benefits of having eyelash extensions are not having to wear mascara! However, if you still would like to wear mascara please only use water based mascara designed for eyelash extensions. Other mascaras may contain ingredients that can weaken the adhesive bond of your lash and cause them to shed prematurely. Do not use waterproof mascara! The Lady Code carries a mascara specially designed for eyelash extensions, we recommend that it is only applied to the tips of the lashes, not the base. You must also be gentle when removing the mascara. Only use oil free eye makeup remover and a lint free eyelash wand to remove mascara residue. Ask you lash stylist about eyelash extension aftercare and our line of eyelash extension safe cosmetics!
Yes, you can use eyeliner as you normally would. We do recommend using a soft gel liner or liquid liner, which can be applied gently to the roots of your lashes. Avoid hard pencil liners. To remove, gently use a lint free wipe with an oil-free cleanser.
We do not recommend using a mechanical eyelash curler with your extensions. This can damage the eyelash extension and possibly your own natural lash. The extensions have a natural curl to them, if a uplift if wanted we recommend using a heated eyelash curler.
Eyelash extensions are adhered to your natural lash with professional grade adhesive. Removing eyelash extensions before the natural lash has had time to shed, requires a special adhesive remover and a trained professional to prevent damaging the natural lash. Never pick, pluck or attempt to pull off your eyelash extensions on your own! Damage can be caused by pulling the natural lash before it is ready to shed. If you need removal of your extensions, make an appointment with The Lady Code and we will be happy to remove your eyelash extensions safely.
It is not difficult to care for you new eyelash extensions. When you come in for your first appointment, you will be given after-care instructions before you leave.
With eyelash extensions, you will want to avoid any oil based products containing glycols or solvents, it will weaken the adhesive bond of the lashes. When washing your face, gently cleanse around the eye area using a washcloth or lint-free cloth. Cotton or Q-tips are not recommended for cleaning, the cotton may get caught in your lashes. The lash extensions may get wet, however extensive exposure of water or steam may cause the adhesive bond to loosen. At The Lady Code, we sell products to extend the wear and get the most out of you lashes. We also recommend getting a touch-up or fill every two to four weeks to maintain maximum fullness of you beautiful eyelash extensions.
Not at all! Eyelash extensions are not harmful if applied safely and correctly. The Lady Code applies a single extension onto a single one of your natural lashes one by one. We use a specially designed bonding agent exclusively designed for eyelash extension which gives flexibility and comfort to your eyelashes. As long as you do not pull or rub your eyelash extensions, you do not have to worry. If you are feeling any discomfort, call The Lady Code immediately.
There is not a simple answer to this question. At The Lady Code, we apply semi-permanent lashes to the base of your natural lash. Your natural lash grows and falls out in cycles, every 60-90 days. Depending on a persons individual growth cycle, most people shed one to five natural lashes a day. This allows natural shedding of your lash and the extension at the same time.
Your lifestyle and the type of work that you do, has an impact on how long your extensions will last. Regular fills or touch-ups every 2-4 weeks are recommended to keep your eyelashes looking their best. With proper care and touch-up maintenance, lash extensions can last months!
You will be comfortably reclined with your eyes closed while eyelash extensions are applied one at a time to your natural eyelashes. There is no discomfort involved in the procedure, most clients find it so relaxing that they fall asleep.
Eyelash extensions can create a younger appearance on many clients. Semi-permanent eyelash extensions create the appearance of a brighter, more open and rested eye, creating a more youthful and rejuvenated look.
Eyelash extensions will give you a longer, fuller, more glamourous and natural looking lash. The extensions are darker and come in a variety of lengths, curls and thickness. They are weightless on your eyes, which make for a comfortable wear.
The extensions allows you to spend less time applying makeup, you will no longer need mascara! Our lash extensions are bigger at the base, creating the same effect as eyeliner. If you would love to wake up in the morning looking more gorgeous than ever, eyelash extensions are for you!
At The Lady Code you can expect a safe, gorgeous and long-lasting result from every application. To extend and maintain the life of your lash extensions, familiarize yourself with these key points.
Initial 24 – 48 Hours:
- Avoid getting your lashes wet for the first 24 hours following your application. Sorry, that also means no steam room that day!
- Also, try to avoid facial services, moisturizers and serums on your face within this 24-hour period.
- Avoid suntan beds for the first 48 hours following your application.
- Avoid oil based skincare products and make-up remover products. Products containing glycols or solvents will weaken the adhesive bond of the lashes and will fall off.
- Do not use cotton to clean your lash extensions. The cotton will get caught in them, instead use a small lint free eye brush.
- Eyelash extensions are naturally beautiful and do not need mascara. Should you choose to apply mascara, use extension-friendly mascara. Oil based and/or waterproof mascaras will interfere with the bond with disastrous side effects.
- Lash extensions come pre-curled but if you do need an extra uplift, you may use a heated lash-curling wand. Do not use the traditional eyelash curler; they will cause your natural lash to break off! (Ouch)
- Keep your fingers off your lashes. You do not want to transfer oils and germs.
- Do not attempt to cut or remove the extensions yourself! If you need you lash extensions to be removed or adjusted in any way, please contact The Lady Code immediately and we will be happy to help.
- Grooming – Brush your lashes with a mascara wand in a gentle upward motion. Your lashes are softer and suppler when you are done showering; this is the ideal time to brush them.
- To keep your natural lashes healthy and strong, we recommend using a strengthening and conditioning formula. LiLash Purified Eyelash Serum is highly recommended by The Lady Code with a continued use of lash extensions.
- We recommend applying protective coating once or twice a week to extend the life of the lashes. This technique will protect and preserve your lashes as well as extend the life of the extensions. Protective coating seals and hydrates the lashes as well as keeping them moisturized.
- At The Lady Code, we apply your extensions to your natural lashes on a one-by-one basis. The natural lash cycle is sixty and ninety days. You loose one to three lashes a day and will continue to grow and shed naturally. Therefore, you will need regular fills (3-4 weeks) to keep your lashes looking beautiful!
- Try sleeping on your back as much as possible once your lashes are applied to avoid lash loss.
- Your lashes may get wet but avoid running water directly on them. Use a washcloth when washing your face.
To fully extend the life of your eyelash extensions, The Lady Code offers products to clean, condition and protect them!
Most clients are afraid of making their lashes fall out, so they barely clean or avoid washing them altogether. When the reality is washing them will actually make them wear better and longer. Along with your lashes, you want to be sure that your follicles stay clean and healthy. If not, the follicles of your eyelashes can get clogged with debris/makeup. This will cause the natural eyelashes to be unable to grow appropriately and may become red and irritated along the lash line.
Here are steps to best care for your lash extensions so they will wear long and stay beautiful, you will need:
- Baking soda
- Baby shampoo
- Purified water
- A clean, sanitized foamer bottle (optional)
- Microfiber brushes
- In the foamer bottle, mix 1 parts baby shampoo to 3 parts water and 1tsp baking soda
- Dispense the mixture onto your fingers and gently massage the cleanser using upward strokes into the root of your eyelashes. Using microfiber brushes are also a great way to get the cleanser to the root/lash line. Repeat if you are wearing heavy mascara.
- After cleaning well along the lash line, either splash your face with water or use a washcloth to gently wash away the cleanser.
- Pat the skin above and below your eyes, brush the extensions and let your lashes air dry. You can follow with your hairdryer on a low setting to fluff.
Cleaning your lashes should be done daily, this can be done while cleansing your face. If there are a few lashes in the sink, don’t worry they were likely to come off any moment anyway.
What They Say
“I’ve been coming to The Lady Code for over 2 years now. I can confidently say that Jen is the best lash artist in town! All the ladies at this shop have done a superb job on my lashes. I highly recommend The Lady Code.”
“Awesome ladies working here! Full set plus two refills was what I was able to do before they came off:( I’ll definitely return.”
“I love my lashes! The Lady Code has my vote for best lashes! I would not let anyone else touch them.”