At The Lady Code you can expect a safe, gorgeous and long-lasting result from every application. To extend and maintain the life of your lash extensions, familiarize yourself with these key points
Initial 24 – 48 Hours:
– Avoid getting your lashes wet for the first 24 hours following your application. Sorry, that also means no steam room that day!
– Also, try to avoid facial services, moisturizers and serums on your face within this 24-hour period.
– Avoid suntan beds for the first 48 hours following your application.
– Avoid oil based skincare products and make-up remover products. Products containing glycols or solvents will weaken the adhesive bond of the lashes and will fall off.
– Do not use cotton to clean your lash extensions. The cotton will get caught in them, instead use a small lint free eye brush.
– Eyelash extensions are naturally beautiful and do not need mascara. Should you choose to apply mascara, use extension-friendly mascara. Oil based and/or waterproof mascaras will interfere with the bond with disastrous side effects.
– Lash extensions come pre-curled but if you do need an extra uplift, you may use a heated lash-curling wand. Do not use the traditional eyelash curler; they will cause your natural lash to break off! (Ouch)
– Keep your fingers off your lashes. You do not want to transfer oils and germs.
– Do not attempt to cut or remove the extensions yourself! If you need you lash extensions to be removed or adjusted in any way, please contact The Lady Code immediately and we will be happy to help.
– Grooming – Brush your lashes with a mascara wand in a gentle upward motion. Your lashes are softer and suppler when you are done showering; this is the ideal time to brush them.
– To keep your natural lashes healthy and strong, we recommend using a strengthening and conditioning formula. LiLash Purified Eyelash Serum is highly recommended by The Lady Code with a continued use of lash extensions.
– We recommend applying protective coating once or twice a week to extend the life of the lashes. This technique will protect and preserve your lashes as well as extend the life of the extensions. Protective coating seals and hydrates the lashes as well as keeping them moisturized.
– At The Lady Code, we apply your extensions to your natural lashes on a one-by-one basis. The natural lash cycle is sixty and ninety days. You loose one to three lashes a day and will continue to grow and shed naturally. Therefore, you will need regular fills (3-4 weeks) to keep your lashes looking beautiful!
– Try sleeping on your back as much as possible once your lashes are applied to avoid lash loss.
– Your lashes may get wet but avoid running water directly on them. Use a washcloth when washing your face.
To fully extend the life of your eyelash extensions, The Lady Code offers products to clean, condition and protect them!